Refine Your Nose with Rhinoplasty
Your nose is one of the most prominent features of your face. Many men and women feel unhappy with the size, shape, or contours of their nose, and rhinoplasty by Dr. Dennis Hurwitz offers a safe and effective solution. Dr. Hurwitz is an authority on plastic surgery, and his expertise in the field can provide aesthetic enhancements that help you feel confident in your appearance. To learn more about how you can benefit from rhinoplasty, contact our Pittsburgh office today.
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
When you come in for your initial consultation at the Hurwitz Center for Plastic Surgery, we will determine your candidacy for rhinoplasty, take detailed note of your goals, and create a treatment plan. This discussion will determine whether open or closed rhinoplasty is the best approach. Closed rhinoplasty means that all of the incisions are made on the inside of the nose. Open rhinoplasty involves an incision in the columella (the structure separating the nostrils), and allows the surgeon greater access to the cartilage and bone of the nose.
On the day of surgery, you will be given anesthesia to maintain your comfort. Dr. Hurwitz will create the necessary incisions and perform refinements to achieve the desired enhancement. You will return home after surgery, and Dr. Hurwitz will provide detailed instructions to ensure a successful recovery.
Types of Rhinoplasty
There are several different types of rhinoplasty performed to achieve a range of goals:
- Reduction Rhinoplasty: In this very commonly performed procedure, Dr. Hurwitz will remove small amounts of bone and cartilage to achieve your desired appearance. Reduction rhinoplasty can address bumps on the bridge of the nose, elongated nasal tips, and flared nostrils.
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty: Another very common procedure, augmentation rhinoplasty is accomplished by performing bone and tissue grafts to build up the nasal tip or bridge. Typically, Dr. Hurwitz will use tissue from other parts of the nose, but can use tissue from other areas of the body, or synthetic material, as well.
- Post-traumatic Rhinoplasty: This procedure is performed to help patients who have experienced an injury to the nose achieve restored function and aesthetics.
- Reconstructive Rhinoplasty: For patients who have lost all or part of their nose to skin cancer or trauma, our surgeons can rebuild the nose using skin and bone grafts. This can be a very complex procedure, and may require multiple surgeries over several months.
- Rhinoplasty for Breathing Issues: Dr. Hurwitz can perform specialized surgeries for adolescents and adults suffering from breathing difficulties. We take special care during these rhinoplasty procedures to preserve the patient's unique features.
Contact Our Office
Our team is committed to providing our patients with the best available care in a safe and comfortable atmosphere. Nothing makes us happier than the boost in confidence and self-esteem a patient experiences after undergoing a cosmetic procedure. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hurwitz.
“I honestly never thought of myself as a serious candidate for elective surgery ... but I’m already feeling and looking so much better.” Jill's Story